Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dear Francis


So I was browsing the web when I  found your daughter’s blog by accident. Boy was I surprised how much she’s grown (yeah, I know she appears on a local channel but I don’t really watch anything there so no chance to see her). No more baby fats. A nice lovely face. Gone were the rebellious look I think she wanted to portray back in the years when she had to live up to people’s expectations. To carry on with your legacy is not an easy task afterall. There was a distinct confidence in her radiating in every photo. And I liked it how she was pretty open with everything, sharing her experiences in her blog. Just like you did.

You’re a natural writer so it’s not surprising you kept your own blog. I revisited it again and naturally it’s not updated anymore, though somehow I can’t help feeling sad. I was there with you since you conceived A Free Mind. I was an outsider looking into your world, but you never made me feel alone. I admired your courage and your determination to go on, even during the Happy Battle. I even felt betrayed when we were told you were going away for good.

I hope your daughter will not be mad at me for snatching her photo, but her tattoo reminded me of you. It must have been a wonderful feeling when the supposed emblem of the country is now also a symbol that reminds people of you.

I think you’ve put up a good business in FMCC, but something tells me you didn’t intentionally start it just to earn profit. It was a vessel to deliver a message. You reignited people’s interests in the country by infusing the emblems to your own patriotism. You made us wear our country proud.

You showed everyone that it’s cool to love this country.

It was March three years ago when you left, but I still listen to the wisdom you shared. The music may be old, but the lyrics are still true. I regret that I didn’t know you personally, but you have touched me more than most of the people I know. And for that I am thankful.

From here on earth, peace out.

Your loyal fan,

- The Part Time Addict

********************************************************

gusto ko lasapin ang tamis ng panahon
maniwala nakikita mo ba ang kahapon
ayoko mawalan ng pag asa
gusto ko ng masasayang ala-ala
sama sama sari sari sabay-sabay sabay sumasakay sa gulong ng buhay
mapa itaas o mapa ilalim ang tao ay nagtitipon wag tumakbo ng matulin
relax ka lang wag kumilos ng madalos kumilos ng maayos at umiwas ka sa galos
iisa lang ang ating katauhan bigyan kahulugan ang kasalukuyan
- Francis M., Ito ang Gusto Ko


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...