Saturday, June 30, 2012

Why I Write


I don’t write for other people and I certainly don’t write to get attention. I don’t write for deadlines. I don’t write for money. I don’t write to gain more friends or wage war to an enemy. I don’t write to impress anyone with my crappy ideas. I write, thinking that no one will read and nobody cares.

I write because I can express myself better than talking. I write to feel comfortable. When I write I am assured everything is fine, or at least it’s gonna be. I write to validate myself, to keep me in check, to reflect on decisions, to ponder on ideas.

Memories fade and emotions change. What you think today is different from what you believed yesterday. I write because I will forget. I write to help me remember.

I write because it is my one real chance to be true. I have lied a lot, even to myself , and most of the time I believe it. In writing I’ll know that there is still a line, no matter how vague, between the truth and my lies.

My writings are the window to my soul. It breathes what I feel, it embodies what I am.

My writings are the time capsule of my life. I write only for myself.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...