Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rain Songs



It is again the monsoon season and what better way to spend a lazy rainy afternoon but through music! I listed down my own top 10 rain songs of the current and not so current decade so here it goes:

10. Rainy Days and Mondays - Carpenters
One association with rain is the feeling of sadness, and this song never fails to make me sad.

9. Maselang Bahaghari - Eraserheads
Okay. This one isn't about rain, but rainbow. But you wouldn't have one if not for the other right?

8. Ulan - Rivermaya
You want rain song? here's the ultimate local rain song with lyrics of rain all over!

7. Lightning Crashes - Live
Yes I know this didn't talk anywhere near about rain but of childbirth, but the lyrics are highly mystical and deep. Can't resist to include this on the list. 

6. Penny Lane - The Beatles
This is about a street in London. And a slight reference about rain. Ok. I'll start to focus now.

5. Set Fire to the Rain - Adelle
The master of hearbreak Adelle at her best. Makes me depressed and happy at the same time. Strange.


4. Bus Stop - The Hollies
On the other side, there are happy songs about rain and this is one of it. Love grows on wet rainy days under an umbrella. On a bus stop.

3. It Will Rain - Bruno Mars
I'm not sure if this is a happy or sad song. I just know it's full of promises and hope.


2. 3 AM - Matchbox 20
Profound. I only recently found that the song was about cancer. And it made several references to rain too. A personal song favorite from the band.

1. Please Don't Stop the Rain - James Morrison
Many songs make lyrics with rain as a kind of nuance. But James Morrison accepts it and actually begs for more. Compete submission to rain deserves my top spot. 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...