Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Expendables 2 Review

I'm not sure if the old dogs of Hollywood actions films are trying to make a statement for the cheap stunts being produced which seemed a step back even if digitally enhanced. Could also be that they're trying to revive their long gone careers. The movie is full of big names and action heroes, albeit the past generation. But hey, how often do you usually see Arnold and Bruce and Sylvester and Jean Claude all in one frame? Oh did I forget to mention the legend that goes by the name of Chuck Norris? Yeah he's there too.

The taller lead guy from The Hunger Games Liam Hemsworth is also there. I suspect he was casted to provide much needed girl fans' support. As you may already figure, this movie is filled with so much testosterone that a guy can easily punch another guy in the face and get a thank you for it. There's blood, guns and violence, but if you're looking for sex, there ain't any. And that's a compliment, I think. I haven't watched a single Hollywood action movie without an eye-popping girl who's sexually assaulted (usually by the male lead). Except for Bruce Lee films of course.

The story is about...who am I kidding. Who cares about the story? As long as there is chaos, gory scenes and people killing each other we will be entertained. If I wanted a decent story I would have watched Katy Perry. Oh wait we're talking about movies here. My bad.

One singular thing worthy of note is the mystifying presence of Chuck Norris. Every time he appears on the screen people are both awestruck and feverishly trying to suppress their grin. Because they know everyone is at his mercy. I tell you this man is a legend. Only he can walk around guns ablaze unschathed.

Even 911 calls Chuck Norris for help when they have an emergency. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...